Simmer's Garden
EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection QydjrI1You must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
Welcome to Simmer's Garden! Like our Facebook page, follow our X page, and Tumblr page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to all our Simmer's Gardeners with a birthday this month! We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Winter Blessings to you!

Be Encouraged Today
Latest topics
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good FridayFri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For March 29, 2024Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 pmCindaLove
saying helloWed Jan 03, 2024 2:21 amBBdoll3
Happy New Year!Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 pmCindaLove
Merry Christmas!Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:17 pmCindaLove
Malaysia Whitley Black Widow ChallengeWed Nov 15, 2023 7:07 pmNancy01905
Daily Prayer For September 13, 2023Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:59 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 12, 2023Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:11 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 11, 2023Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:13 pmCindaLove
Just Dropping in to say, "Hello!"Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:33 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 14, 2023Mon May 29, 2023 2:40 pmpoppy
Back after another HiatusFri May 26, 2023 11:39 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 4, 2023Sun May 07, 2023 5:47 pmCindaLove
Fresh California Orange CakeSun May 07, 2023 11:31 amBBdoll3
Creamy Apple Cranberry ColeslawSun May 07, 2023 11:25 amBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For April 14, 2023Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:29 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 13, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:54 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 12, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 11, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:48 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 10, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:44 pmCindaLove
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 09, 2023 4:57 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 9, 2023Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 8, 2023Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:50 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good Friday...Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:45 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 7, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 6, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:41 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 5, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:38 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 4, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 3, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 pmCindaLove
Staff Online
Simmer’s Garden Staff

Site Owner

Simmer’s Garden Creator

Affiliates
EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FQxHJH3
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection CZmvDwC
EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection AHyEfai
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection 3NTpK5T
**Free**
Updated
December 2018
EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection E6DbMY4

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection E6DbMY4

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection 7OAuPzK

Go down
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Pisces Posts : 5389
https://simmersgarden.forumotion.com

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Empty EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:48 am
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, which was available back in summer 2014 for a limited-time offer that lasted for 7 days with a special “I-LOVE-THE-SIMS” code has been widely requested by Origin users. Most players were able to simply contact EA Support Live Chat and request for the free code by just asking or providing proof that they already have a physical version of The Sims 2 available.

However, that opportunity is no longer available as EA finally stops the support for Ultimate Collection. The main reason? Numerous requests from EA Support for the code.

Here’s EA’s official explanation why they’re canceling free code support for this game:

Starting October 11, 2018, free copies of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will no longer be available.
Why the change?
A few years ago, we ran a limited-time promotion offering free codes for The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition. Since that promotion ended, we’ve gotten a lot of contacts asking for codes for the collection.

We’ve done our best to support these contacts in the past, but we have reached a point where we no longer can.

What if I have the game but I’m having issues with it?
Let us know! We are more than happy to help with any account or technical issues relating to your copy of The Sims 2.

What other ways can I play The Sims?
You can get The Sims 3 or 4 through Origin, or grab The Sims 4 on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. Or access both games through the Vault for Origin Access.

To play on the go, check out The Sims Mobile.

Administration
Administration
Female

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Empty Re: EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:51 am
In other words, The Sims 2 is still beating out The Sims 4 and they are doing everything they can to sell their newest lame game. Shocked

Affiliate
Affiliate
Male

http://septembersims.forum.st

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Empty Re: EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:01 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
agree I hope everyone who wanted it got it! Although I find it a bit concerning because there will be no other way to get it or buy it...
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:55 pm
I definitely did. I've urged other members in the past to get it before they stopped giving it out, so if they didn't do it, it's too late now. sad
And your right, now there will be no way to get UC unless they will still make available to purchase. I still have all of TS2 disks but I know not everyone does. No
Stingy move by EA...

onarant

Moderation
Moderation
Female

Scorpio Posts : 1426

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:28 pm
Now, you know I have a "Question", as always....  Very Happy  As you know, I recently took you advice to move over to UC, since I couldn't load my Pets and 1 other pack (forget which), anyway if you recall you said that in order to get my Fav hood lots that I used to play in my TS2, I would need to remove UC, reload my TS2, grab/save the lots I wanted, then reload the UC.  My question is, IF I do that now, does it mean I won't be able to Reload my UC? 

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Dac5PpV

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection QINLBZs
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:59 pm
BBdoll3 wrote:Now, you know I have a "Question", as always....  Very Happy  As you know, I recently took you advice to move over to UC, since I couldn't load my Pets and 1 other pack (forget which), anyway if you recall you said that in order to get my Fav hood lots that I used to play in my TS2, I would need to remove UC, reload my TS2, grab/save the lots I wanted, then reload the UC.  My question is, IF I do that now, does it mean I won't be able to Reload my UC? 

You are fine. Once you purchase a game, monetarily or by code, it goes and stays in your Origin library forever. This just applies to those who did not get UC yet. Poppy lost her chance to get UC now. Oh, well... bounce

Affiliate
Affiliate
Male

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:47 am
CindaLove wrote:I definitely did. I've urged other members in the past to get it before they stopped giving it out, so if they didn't do it, it's too late now. sad
And your right, now there will be no way to get UC unless they will still make available to purchase. I still have all of TS2 disks but I know not everyone does.  No
Stingy move by EA...

onarant

I have the discs also, but only few stuff packs. I find it much easier to install the final version of the game - UC and I really hope that it will be available forever! Though I must admit that I'm experiencing update problems with Origin and can't enter the online mode, but it's all alright as long as it works in offline mode without any problems.
BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:14 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I don't have all of the packs either, but that because I only wanted certain ones.   I returned to my TS2 because I could not load and play my awesome Lots, Peeps and Houses.   But when I tried to reload my TS2 using my dics, my Open for Business and Pets kept saying my packs were already loaded, but, when I went to play my game, all the wonderful Floors/Walls etc., would not load.  bounce No    Since I build and revise homes a lot, a great deal of them used the the colors/floors/walls for paint an paper, they would not show up in my homes.   To make matters worse, I tried using the Normal colors and they looked Awefulllll!  bounce bounce bounce bounce  So I reloaded the UC and I'm good.  

Though I must admit that I'm experiencing update problems with Origin and can't enter the online mode,

I was not aware a code was needed to Update.  I just select the icon and Left Click my mouse, then select Update Game.  It will say if my game is already up to day, and if not, it will do it then.  I don't recall having to enter a code.  

@Cinda, thanks so much for the info.  When (if) I get in the mood to get my lots with my simmies to play again,  I'll let you know.  I didn't think to do that while I was playing before.  

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Dac5PpV

EA Announces They Are Ending Free Code Support For The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection QINLBZs
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:21 pm
BBdoll3 wrote:I returned to my TS2 because I could not load and play my awesome Lots, Peeps and Houses.

You mean The Sims 2 Store Edition. TS2SE or just SE...

Moderation
Moderation
Female

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:49 pm
Yes, Store Edition.  Thanks.  Isn't TS2 same as Sims 2?   scratch  Where I use my Discs to load and play my game.  After I got the Store version, I don't think I had to use my Discs to load.  Right?

CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:57 pm
You received SE because you own Double Deluxe, not the regular base game; it is the digital equivalent. They did that so you would be able to play your saved games that you played with DD. But they also gave you UC, which is good.

BBdoll3 wrote:I was not aware a code was needed to Update.  I just select the icon and Left Click my mouse, then select Update Game.  It will say if my game is already up to day, and if not, it will do it then.  I don't recall having to enter a code.  

It is not an update.  scratch  The code is what they give you to purchase a game when they have some sort of promotion or in this case, back in 2014 they first offered UC with a special code you redeemed, I-LOVE-THE-SIMS, which I did. But after that special promotion ended, simmers who missed that opportunity, begged EA for UC and they complied if you proved you owned the base game. (I also made a post about it - Origin Still Offering The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)
But now after two years of giving out TS2 on digital for free if a simmer owned the base game, in a lame business move to sell TS4, they have taken away UC because simmers are still preferring the Sims 2 over Sims 4. Which is totally true, I tried to play it again last night for the first time in nearly a year if not and found it so doggone boring and lame I suddenly remembered why I have never liked it. They pulled out all the stops when they made the Sims 3, that when they made the Sims 4 so stripped down, it was just a big, sore, disappointment.

Moderation
Moderation
Female

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:40 pm
Ooooooohhhh!  Okay...  nerd  Duhhhh, I'm so dumb.  Thanks for the info. 

CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:48 pm
No you're not, you just didn't pay attention that time. hug

Moderation
Moderation
Female

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 pm
You're right!  bounce  I get frustrated quick when I have issues.  I just copied my Body Shop also.  I didn't the last time because I was pretty much done with they whole idea.

SeptemberSimsForum
SeptemberSimsForum
Affiliate
Affiliate
Male

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:15 am
My Origin update problem appears when I open it and it says that Origin needs to be updated, there are 3 options and the last one is to enter offline mode. Whenever I click on update, the update downloads it self but there's problem with installing it I guess and I get the message that something's wrong and I'm afraid to uninstall Origin cause I will lose the game also. The good thing that game works just fine, no matter the entered mode. I never had such problems with Steam for example...
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:31 am
Yes, Origin is junk for sure. I have problems with mine all the time, too. A few months ago I kept having Origin screen just go blank and when I'd start the Sims 3 launcher. I couldn't get it to work no matter what I did so I uninstalled/reinstalled Origin and it straightened out for a while. (All my saved games were still there but I did copy my game folders for safekeeping just in case) Another problem I've had with The Sims 3 is the online login at the ingame main menu would pop up constantly prompting to log in and when I would enter the info another popup would say invalid email address (I had my email addy changed for about 4 years now) and it would just go in a loop. But I figured out how to fix that issue and it may have possibly fixed the Origin screen issue, by logging into EA's website and making sure that you are always logged in there.. Sounds weird but it worked. Maybe you can try that and see if it works.

Origin knows that there is problems with their platform or they wouldn't constantly be updating...

Affiliate
Affiliate
Male

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:41 am
I will try with logging into their site, thanks for advice! I got my The Sims 3 on steam and never had a problem with it.
Sunflowergal22
Sunflowergal22
Female

Leo Posts : 3

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:36 pm
yeah i heard about this, and i was mad at it as well. i use my cds for now to load the sims 2, but it is helpful if i could load them without the discs. it's sad tho because ea doesn't realize that the sims 2 is the best game. 
ironically i think i have the sims 2 store edition but may have hidden it in my origin games. i stopped playing the sims 3 because it keeps asking to connect to the internet, and once i had bad origin problems. it sucks.

Edit: i just logged into origin and found the sims 2 just standing there. i think it's the store edition. Anyone know if it'll work? i still have my cds and all and rather the discs but, soon there may be none disks.

BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:20 pm
Hello Sunflower!  I know it worked the last time I used it, only thing, I was unable to load my Open for Business and my Pets.  My Pet cd is the one that gave me all of the wonderful Floor and Walls.  That's why I bailed out and went to the Ultimate so I could load my Pets in order to get the floors and wall colors.  My issue was, when I tried to reload my game using all of my CD's the (2) I kept getting a message they were already loaded.

You can try it.  Don't think it will blow up your computer or anything.  Good Luck!  thumbsup

CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:10 pm
Sunflowergal22 wrote:i just logged into origin and found the sims 2 just standing there. i think it's the store edition. Anyone know if it'll work? i still have my cds and all and rather the discs but, soon there may be none disks.

Hi, Sunflower, yes, the store edition will work fine. The store edition version comes from the Double Deluxe and the regular Ultimate Collection is just the regular base game. Both the Store Edition and the regular version of the Ultimate Collection work the same. The only issue one would run into is trying to play one of the versions with a backup game from a different game; some of the items, neighborhoods, etc. will not load because of that. But if you are playing with a backup game played with Double Deluxe or if you are playing with a clean slate, you will be all set to play.
Hope that helps.
flower

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum