Simmer's Garden
Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection WsWwb3DYou must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
Welcome to Simmer's Garden! Like our Facebook page, follow our X page, and Tumblr page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to all our Simmer's Gardeners with a birthday this month! We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Winter Blessings to you!

Be Encouraged Today
Latest topics
saying helloWed Jan 03, 2024 2:21 amBBdoll3
Happy New Year!Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 pmCindaLove
Merry Christmas!Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:17 pmCindaLove
Malaysia Whitley Black Widow ChallengeWed Nov 15, 2023 7:07 pmNancy01905
Daily Prayer For September 13, 2023Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:59 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 12, 2023Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:11 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 11, 2023Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:13 pmCindaLove
Just Dropping in to say, "Hello!"Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:33 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 14, 2023Mon May 29, 2023 2:40 pmpoppy
Back after another HiatusFri May 26, 2023 11:39 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 4, 2023Sun May 07, 2023 5:47 pmCindaLove
Fresh California Orange CakeSun May 07, 2023 11:31 amBBdoll3
Creamy Apple Cranberry ColeslawSun May 07, 2023 11:25 amBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For April 14, 2023Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:29 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 13, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:54 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 12, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 11, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:48 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 10, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:44 pmCindaLove
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 09, 2023 4:57 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 9, 2023Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 8, 2023Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:50 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good Friday...Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:45 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 7, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 6, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:41 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 5, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:38 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 4, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 3, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 2, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:28 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 1, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:21 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For March 31, 2023Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:48 pmCindaLove
Staff Online
Simmer’s Garden Staff

Site Owner

Simmer’s Garden Creator

Affiliates
Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection FQxHJH3
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection CZmvDwC
Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection AHyEfai
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection 3NTpK5T
**Free**
Updated
December 2018
Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection E6DbMY4

Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection 7OAuPzK

Lizzy
Lizzy
Female

Capricorn Posts : 115
http://lizcreasims2living.wordpress.com

Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Empty Important about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I'm writing this quick note for all having the digital Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin.

Tonight wow I might have lost all of the game, fatal error for launching the game or Bodyshop.

Cause for this : I made a quick maintenance scan with Glary Utilities (cheaper and much lighter than MalwareBytes) and the same issue appears if you use CCleaner to clean the registry things (for just cleaning cache, first CCleaner icon on the left panel, it's totally fine, you can run it). Either program used, they would remove an important Sims 2 UC key which is needed. When cleaning your PC registry -looking for errors) via Glary Utilities, CCleaner and/or maybe MalwareBytes, if you just try and launch S2 UC you'll get a message telling you that the game can't be found (while it's perfectly here in your programs via C:, Origin, blabla.)

So the important thing to do :

Log in to your Origin account (the Origin tool has to be installed). Go to My game (something like that), click on the S2UC cover picture, right click for Repair. Go and let the whole Repair process run and finish until you're prompted to play via Origin. Test playing via Origin, the game should be launched automatically. If it's successful, exit the game and launch Bodyshop - Bodyshop should work without any Fatal error message.

If you want to scan your C: disk safely, without using any program at all, it's really very simple and safe, and it won't mess up anything :

From the Start menu, choose the tab Computer and the C disk. Right click on the C disk, go to Properties, choose the tab Tools, then go and select Check now (something like that). A small window will open up, then tick both boxes to check the disk and to try and repair errors, then click OK. Next time you start your PC or reboot, the scanning process will start, it can take over 3 or 4 hours until finished.

Personally, I think that this simple scanning process without any additional program is pretty good enough and safe. At least when I restart my computer all works fine again (Sims 2, other programs, tools and functions).

Know that some scanning programs seem to be exaggeratedly scanning for files, registries, prompting to fix them, while some of them are really fine and needed for other programs, tools to work properly.

I hope it helps you. So this is only for the digital version of the Sims 2. The CD versions aren't affected by the way you'd use CCleaner or similar tools.
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

CindaLove
Good info, Lizzy.  thanx I believe Glary always wipes parts of UC off my PC like you described when I use it but my Downloads and saved sims say intact. When it does that I have to delete the Sims 2 UC manually and out of the registry and reinstall again. I don't seem to have that problem with CCleaner, just Glary Utilities.
Lizzy
Hello Cinda. I don't know why CCleaner would also remove something in Registry for the S2UC and from the Registry of CCleaner I don't know what box to untick. Anyway I run CCleaner only to purge cache, I do the same process with Glary Utilities (Disk Cleanup and track eraser). Tonight I used the Garly Utilities Quick maitenance thing for the first time but I won't try it anymore.

I like Glary Utilities, because MalwareBytes is quite heavy and working often in the background, which causes other programs to launch slowly. So I uninstalled MalwareBytes to prefer Glary Utilities for which I won't upgrade (LOL).

I do scan my PC as explained each time needed, let's say every two weeks. I'm more and more prudent on which sites I visit today... Because the AdBlock from Firefox doesn't block all weird ads. I rbowse with Google only, I don't trust much other browsers and for me IE is really slow to start so I forgot about it now.

For defragging, I use Defraggler from Piriform. Diskdefrag is of much lower quality.

CindaLove
I agree, Lizzy, Glary is lighter and runs smoother; I've been using it several years now - even bought the Pro, which is lifetime.
So far I've gone from Chrome to Firefox and I'm using Opera now, it's the best browser I've seen yet. It's clean, smooth and fast because the framework is different from Chrome and Firefox. Even though it has it's own built-in adblock, I still use Adblock Plus for extra protection.

Lizzy
Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:15 amLizzy
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I just forgot to say that the scanning I explained for C: also works for external disks. Just locate the external disk (D:, E:, F:, etc.). But then, in such a case, the scanning will work while you still got your computer on - it has to be so. It's a long process, for over one hour and to prevent the pausing of the PC after a few minutes, there's another useful tip : just play a video or mp3 in replay-repeat mode : your computer won't pause when a program is processing for over an hour, to scan or clean, defrag, etc. Pausing slows down any program process or might even stop such a process.

On my own end I have to use a defrag program, because the Windows option doesn't seem to do it well or stops after a short pre-frag scan...

For other borwsers I'm prudent, because when I downloaded and installed some programs, tools, when I was a bit a newbie to all this, I used to install the standard way, then got odd nav bars, which I don't like at all. I'm now used to Firefox. My daughter and husband got Chrome, I don't think they use Opera. But I like to keep some habits with what I find easy to deal with. It's no use to have many browser programs installer anyway. One is good enough. I still use IE sometimes because at my small xobor forum and another one at xobor, under Firefox it's not possible to copy-paste some texts in HTML format for their custom pages, while IE still allows to do that.
BBdoll3
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:15 pmBBdoll3
Scanning thru, checking Blogs, etc..  Came across this info.  Ladies  tnx4sharing   goodpost I've never ran a Cleaner or Defrag on my game.  Am I supposed to, or am I reading this incorrectly?  I've just started using UC and I hope I don't have issues.   bounce bounce  Yoou know I don't like issues, Cinda...  No   Shocked
CindaLove
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:50 pmCindaLove
BBdoll3 wrote:Yoou know I don't like issues, Cinda...  No  Shocked  

You shouldn't have any problems with UC if you run CCleaner.I've not had that problem Lizzy is describing with CCleaner; I do have that particular problem with Glary Utilies, which I love and have the Pro Version and didn't have an issue with until I got UC. What the problem is, that in my case, Glary Utilities, and in Lizzy's case, CCleaner, that it is deleting key components from the registry which causes a message that says UC is not installed when you try to play it. but I wonder, if [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is still having that issue with CCleaner because I am not.  scratch  If anyone has run into that problem from whatever program they may use, the solution is very simple. Just right click on The Sims 2 UC in your Game Library  in Origin and select Repair. Origin will download the missing registry components to your game with no issues - your saved game is never lost, so no need to worry about that.
flower
BBdoll3
As always, you are a walking "Sims Encyclopedia".... World of info.  luvv thankyou
CindaLove
BBdoll3 wrote:As always, you are a walking "Sims Encyclopedia".... World of info.  luvv thankyou

lafflol  I just learn from experience and what I don't know, I research...
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum