Simmer's Garden
My Riley Family Tree! QydjrI1You must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
Welcome to Simmer's Garden! Like our Facebook page, follow our X page, and Tumblr page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to all our Simmer's Gardeners with a birthday this month! We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Winter Blessings to you!

Be Encouraged Today
Latest topics
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good FridayFri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For March 29, 2024Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 pmCindaLove
saying helloWed Jan 03, 2024 2:21 amBBdoll3
Happy New Year!Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 pmCindaLove
Merry Christmas!Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:17 pmCindaLove
Malaysia Whitley Black Widow ChallengeWed Nov 15, 2023 7:07 pmNancy01905
Daily Prayer For September 13, 2023Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:59 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 12, 2023Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:11 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 11, 2023Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:13 pmCindaLove
Just Dropping in to say, "Hello!"Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:33 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 14, 2023Mon May 29, 2023 2:40 pmpoppy
Back after another HiatusFri May 26, 2023 11:39 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 4, 2023Sun May 07, 2023 5:47 pmCindaLove
Fresh California Orange CakeSun May 07, 2023 11:31 amBBdoll3
Creamy Apple Cranberry ColeslawSun May 07, 2023 11:25 amBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For April 14, 2023Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:29 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 13, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:54 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 12, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 11, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:48 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 10, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:44 pmCindaLove
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 09, 2023 4:57 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 9, 2023Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 8, 2023Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:50 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good Friday...Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:45 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 7, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 6, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:41 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 5, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:38 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 4, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pmCindaLove
Staff Online
Simmer’s Garden Staff

Site Owner

Simmer’s Garden Creator

Affiliates
My Riley Family Tree! FQxHJH3
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
My Riley Family Tree! CZmvDwC
My Riley Family Tree! AHyEfai
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
My Riley Family Tree! 3NTpK5T
**Free**
Updated
December 2018
My Riley Family Tree! E6DbMY4

My Riley Family Tree! 7OAuPzK

Go down
BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Scorpio Posts : 1427

My Riley Family Tree! Empty My Riley Family Tree!

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 pm
on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:37 pm

This is my Riley Family.  They are a family who came with the game in Belladonna Cove.

(Pics to come later)

Click on the Link below to view my Family Tree!

My Riley Family Tree! Sim%20Family%20Tree_zpseaafffgk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the Riley Family .  They came with my game “Apartment Life” and they live in, Belladonna Cove.  Timothy Riley, is son to, Seamus and Lucia Riley.   Seamus died while Timothy was very young.  Don’t think his mother ever remarried. Timothy grew up well and was an overachiever.  He met and fell in love with, Olivia (last name unknown), and they were married.  They had one daughter named, Sally.  After Olivia passed away, Timothy and Sally moved to Belladonna Cove.  They lived in the, Seaspray Apartments.

Timothy was very distraught  My Riley Family Tree! 2442039969  after losing Olivia, and he did not feel he could live without her.  He dated many women, but none could live up to the love of his life – until Vivian Cho.  Vivian was also a widower, and had lost the love of her life as well. My Riley Family Tree! 2442039969

Vivian was raised by her mother, Chandra.  She never knew her father (not that I know of).  Vivian grew up well, and was also, an overachiever.  She later met and fell in love with Etokas Cho, and they had one daughter named, Etsu.   An untimely death of Etokas, left Vivian alone to raise their only child.   Vivian also moved to the, Seaspray Apartments.  Her mother died shortly thereafter.

Timothy and Vivian became friends; BFF’s and then fell in  My Riley Family Tree! 1200839336 Love.  They were married, combining their families.  Their daughters were very close in age and got along well,  My Riley Family Tree! 569274473  so this was the perfect family.  Being their family has grown, and may grow even bigger; Timothy bought a home large enough to plan for their future.   And now the journey begins!

My Riley Family Tree! 370776254

Last edited by BBdoll3 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:52 am; edited 6 times in total

My Riley Family Tree! Dac5PpV

My Riley Family Tree! QINLBZs
BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

My Riley Family Tree! Empty Re: My Riley Family Tree!

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 pm
Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:57 pm

My Riley Family Tree! 14-68

My Riley Family Tree! 1747397699  Hi BBdoll,

I know that you had another post about the Riley family with a picture of Vivian and their NooBoo daughter, Samantha but I couldn't find it so I'm going to post my TS2 game play on the family here.

I also had Timothy Riley and Vivian Cho marry. They moved from the apartment buildning due to the constant fighting among everyone there--even the Nanny when she came to watch either Sally Riley or Etsu Cho would pick fights with other residents rather than attending to her nanny duties. I actually bull-dozed that apartment and moved Timothy, Vivian and girls into an EA pre-made house that I did some re-deocrating and a little re-modeling on. It has 3 bedrooms and nursery and 3 baths as well as 4 living area and a kitchen/dining room. Vivian and Timothy were married in a small backyard wedding with friends in attendance. Shortly, there after they had a birthday party for Etsu who age transitioned to child. Sally and Etsu are best friends. Recently, Timothy and Vivian welcomed a NooBoo (so it's his, hers and ours children now). Joining his two sisters is Logan. I decided to go with an Irish-Celtic name because Tim's father, Seamus and paternal grandfather, Donovan have Irish-Celtic names and the surname, Riley is also and Irish-Celtic name, so since Logan is as well, Timothy and Vivian's new son was called Logan. He's now a day old. I'm planning a birthday party age transition to toddler before Vivian returns to work. Logan has brown hair (like his father) and brown eyes (like his mother).

And, as a side note, Vivian does heart-fart Timothy a lot (but I've seen him do it to her as well). Both of them will be busy with their NooBoo now. Since Vivian is a Family Sim, she'll probably roll a want for another NooBoo (or maybe that one to have 10 of them)--not happening. The Riley family is now complete. So Vivian can just start thinking about grandchildren. My Riley Family Tree! Icon_lol

Lilly My Riley Family Tree! 2666304918  

Last edited by BBdoll3 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:39 am; edited 5 times in total
BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:48 pm
My Riley Family Tree! 2422917447  That's okay hun.  It was here in my Blog. At the bottom of the first one where I'm talking about the College Students.   http://www.simmersgarden.com/t3618-my-studant-update#comments

We got on the subject of the Riley Family, so it was all mixed in together. My Riley Family Tree! 2422917447 

I had to My Riley Family Tree! 4248921981  when I read what you said (Since Vivian is a Family Sim, she'll probably roll a want for another NooBoo (or maybe that one to have 10 of them)--not happening. The Riley family is now complete. )  Well, I wasn't gonna let her get prego again, but I did.  She made me mad! My Riley Family Tree! 1191897167  I'm gonna let her have one more, and hoping it's a boy.  Sally will be going to College also.  Both girls will be working my nerves wanting to run after the new BBy when it comes, and I am not wanting to be bothered. My Riley Family Tree! 4277833337 

Oh, and Timothy had an affair and she is now prego, well, she had a BBy girl.  I named her Timatha. My Riley Family Tree! 4248921981 
The mother is, Kaylynn Spitzig.  Guess she's a townie, and wouldn't you believe it?  She wants another BBy.  She's a good Mom, and I just may give her another one.

My Riley Family Tree! 1633588360 I am Truly Blessed. I was given another beautiful day to do things I didn’t do yesterday! My Riley Family Tree! 1633588360

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 pm

on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 am

I see what happened but I think that this "conversation" fits better in this post so probably it was good mistake I made.  I was thinking about it being in your college student post but wasn't sure and found this post first.  And, I thought "oh, the Riley Family," that's what I want to talk about.

Guess I lucked out with Vivian giving birth to a boy as it nicely completes the family.  Although if it was a girl, I was going to call her Molly.  My Riley Family Tree! Icon_smile   By the time Sally becomes a teen (3 or 4 Sim days) Logan should already be a toddler (which helps that teen going after the baby--like a Nanny--thing).  I'll probably age transition Logan to toddler in two days since the game lets me do that.  And, then if I accidentally go past the 6 pm time I can still complete the birthday.  It also keeps all the "Help with Birthday" interactions with the baby (when the parents, any elders or teens or even Nannies) head to the baby to the "Baby Toss" (thanks for that one Daisy) and then I miss out on the party.  I like having a party even if it's just a private one with the family when the party isn't done via the phone with friends and the party meter.  That's  how I did Etsu's toddler to child party.  But then, it was the day after the fairly big and successful wedding party that Timothy and Vivian had.

Sorry, Viv, no more babies.  You'll just have to work with children in your job as Minister of Education.

Lilly  My Riley Family Tree! 2666304918

Last edited by Lilly LeClaire on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Last edited by BBdoll3 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:51 pm
My Riley Family Tree! 2422917447  Yes it does fit better here, being it's all about the Riley's. My Riley Family Tree! 2422917447   Anyway, I wanted them to have a Boy also, but she had a girl.  I'm hoping for a Boy this time around.  I like the name Logan.  I didn't really think about traditional naming.  I printed off a while back a bunch of names that I could use when creating my Sims and when they have BBy's.  I will start using those.

I'll probably age transition Logan to toddler in two days since the game lets me do that.  And, then if I accidentally go past the 6 pm time I can still complete the birthday.

How do you do that?  Did Daisy have that info in her notes somewhere?  I can't remember.  I am still trying to figure out how to use the Maxmotives cheat.  I thought by using the Maxmotives and then entering Motivedecay On, kept the Maxmotives cheat active.  Maybe I'm doing that wrong, because after a time the meters start declining again, then I have to enter the cheat again.

This is Kaylynn Spitzig - the sim that Timothy Riley had an affair with.  She's pretty and a very good mother.

My Riley Family Tree! KaylynnSpitzig_zpse2ba2640

This is their daughter, Timatha as a toddler.

My Riley Family Tree! TimathaSpitzig-Riley_zpsf572963b

Kaylynn & Timatha before she grows up into a child.

My Riley Family Tree! KaylynnampTimatha_zpsb60014ef

Timatha, as a child.

My Riley Family Tree! TimathaSpitzig-Riley2_zps9735008f

Kaylyn wants to be married and have more BBy's.  I'm trying to decide who I want to hook her up with.

My Riley Family Tree! 1633588360 I am Truly Blessed. I was given another beautiful day to do things I didn’t do yesterday! My Riley Family Tree! 1633588360

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:52 pm

on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 pm

I do the aging this way. When my female Sim is pregnant, I have "aging off." She'll go through all three days and the birth will occur anyway (even with "aging off"). When the NooBoo is born, then I turn "aging on." I play until the pop-up says "Logan birthday is only a day away . . . . ", then I turn "aging off." I continue to play until the party is set up (and guests invited and there, if I use the party via telephone option), then just before I have one of the parents, grandparents, teen sibling bring the NooBoo or Infant to the cake, I turn "aging on." This can all be done shortly after the pop-up or you can wait a bit. Sometimes I'll wait for a weekend when the kids are all home from school. Or, I do an after school party. Keeping "aging off" until just before it's time to bring the NooBoo (or todder) or the cake (or have the child or teen blow out the candles) and then I turn "aging on". But you must remember to turn "aging on" before the candles are blown out on the cake or the infant, toddler, child, etc won't age (and the aging meter will go back to zero, at least, it does for toddlers) since I've goofed a couple times. Infants just don't age until, at least, another "aging on" day has gone by. I got smart finally and started to save just before the party, so that, if I goofed and didn't put "aging on" again I could exit without saving and then go back and try again. With NooBoos or Infants, I've have a bit of problem with twins when one get a dirty diaper just before as it blowing out candles before the age transition because then the Sim getting ready for the baby toss just lies the infant on the ground, the cake becomes un-usuable with only a "clean up" option and the infant doesn't age at that time--a problem because the other twin will age and they will be different ages. So, another reason to save just before and then use the exit without saving trick and come back in and start over. I think that if the toddler or child has the want to "grow up"--it's the hour glass picture that he or she can grow up at anytime once they are 3 days old. In fact, I think that when they reach that stage, then there is the option to "grow up" when you click on the toddler. If you keep "aging on" after the pop-up, then you have the problem (as you get closer to 6 pm on the following day) that any teen, adult or elder or nanny in the household with "Help with birthday" option will show up and they will just do the "baby toss" without the cake, and you will have an infant transformed into a toddler being held by the Sim who did the toss. Or, if like me you gets busy with birthday preparations, then all of a sudden there's this toddler crawling around, or screaming for a diaper change, or to go to bed or to be fed a bottle, and I'm like "where did s/he come from?" My Riley Family Tree! 40742102  Also, without the "aging off" option I have to constantly click off on the cue to "help with birthday" which frequently pops up for any teen, adult or elder or any nanny who's there along with a face picture of the NooBoo. 

So, there are some options for age transitions. I do a lot of "home parties" (not using the throw a birthday party option via the phone option). I get a balloon arch, a couple tables (the smaller seats four options and put two of them under the arch one for the cake and for the smaller balloon which match the arch, of course), some more balloons, a birthday cake and everyone in the family dresses in formal wear. If it's a toddler having the birthday, I put him or her into one of the fancier everyday wear outfits that I have. Then everyone gathers around the birthday spot and they all have a party. (You can have kids or adults invite friends over and they'll join in but there isn't any party meter and guests don't come in formal wear--unless you go into the household or households of the Sims you plan to invite an put them into more fancy everyday wear.) If's fun for me because it's more like a family party--the kind I had while growing up.

I hope that gives you some ideas. I don't know if Daisy has these ideas in her notes or not, I just learned them from playing the game and doing some trial and error things. The best thing I every learned was use the "exit without saving" option as way to undo my "mistakes." My Riley Family Tree! 2343124779 

Kaylynn Spitzig is a townie. I think she and one of the Monty family members in Veronaville are very fond of each other. Is she a family Sim? You'll have to have her go to community lots and do the "Flirt" interaction and then "Check Sim Out" because that will give you the lightning bolts, the negative red x's over the hearts or the the "Ho Hum" sign which give neither the lightning bolts nor the negative red x's and the Sim doing the checking out just shrugs his or her shoulders. I've found that if there are lightning bolts or if there is a "Ho Hum" response, I can usually make some good chemistry with playing around with the +'s and -'s of the chemistry preferences. Using the zodiac or personality chart, you can also use the "Ask" interaction and then the "What's Your Sign?" question. The problem relationships will be the ones with one or both having a "repelled by" resposne the other Sim's sign. So, that might give you some feedback. I had trouble finding a couple teen Sims a sweetheart--one was girl and one a boy. So, I built a mini-mall and put about two dozen cashier's in place. It took some doing but I found a sweetheart for each of them. My Riley Family Tree! 3453970756  But they had to work at finding that special someone. I did that because I kept getting the negative red x'd out hearts with every teen they met. If that didn't work, then I was going to make them each that special someone in CAS or CAF (using their zodiac sign and chemistry likes and dislikes and making sure that the primary aspirations of each of them went together well--I learned that if you want to get a couple married, then making one a Family Sim and the other a Romance Sim doesn't always work out so well. My Riley Family Tree! Icon_lol )

Last edited by BBdoll3 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm
My Riley Family Tree! 771744960 I didn't know that.  I usually turn my aging back on when they are prego.  

You wrote:

then I turn "aging off." I continue to play until the party is set up (and guests invited and there, if I use the party via telephone option), then just before I have one of the parents, grandparents, teen sibling bring the NooBoo or Infant to the cake, I turn "aging on."

Now I may have done something wrong, because when I did this (at least 3 times), my child started all over again from the beginning.  My Riley Family Tree! Icon_scratch  I thought for sure I turned the aging on before the candles were blown.  I'll have to retry that one.  I saw where you said it has to be on Before the candles are blown out.

You wrote:

I got smart finally and started to save just before the party,

Good idea!  My Riley Family Tree! Icon_bounce  I always forget that.

You wrote:

With NooBoos or Infants, I've have a bit of problem with twins when one get a dirty diaper just before as it blowing out candles before the age transition because then the Sim getting ready for the baby toss just lies the infant on the ground, the cake becomes un-usuable with only a "clean up" option and the infant doesn't age at that time--a problem because the other twin will age and they will be different ages.

This has happened to me also. My Riley Family Tree! 280916214 

You wrote:

Or, if like me you gets busy with birthday preparations, then all of a sudden there's this toddler crawling around, or screaming for a diaper change, or to go to bed or to be fed a bottle, and I'm like "where did s/he come from?"  My Riley Family Tree! 40742102 

For sure!  I'm always doing that. My Riley Family Tree! 280916214  I go, "Oh well... Whatever!"  My Riley Family Tree! 4277833337   My Riley Family Tree! 2343124779  

You wrote:

I do a lot of "home parties" (not using the throw a birthday party option via the phone option). I get a balloon arch, a couple tables (the smaller seats four options and put two of them under the arch one for the cake and for the smaller balloon which match the arch, of course), some more balloons, a birthday cake and everyone in the family dresses in formal wear. 

My Riley Family Tree! 3004440412  your ideas on how to prep for the party, balloon arches/tables and all.  I've never used the arches.  I've always used the phone to set up a party.  I'll try your way now.

You wrote:

Using the zodiac or personality chart, you can also use the "Ask" interaction and then the "What's Your Sign?" question. The problem relationships will be the ones with one or both having a "repelled by" resposne the other Sim's sign. 

My Riley Family Tree! 3980218871  This is good to know.  My Riley Family Tree! 3004440412 

You wrote:

I learned that if you want to get a couple married, then making one a Family Sim and the other a Romance Sim doesn't always work out so well.

Yessss!  My Riley Family Tree! 3669069390   I learned that with one of my couples.  She wanted to get married, but when it happened I saw that Red circle with a ring in the middle, and thought, "What was that for?"  I looked in her memories and she wanted to have lots of lovers, and really didn't want to get married.  I finally had them break up and had him marry someone who wanted family.  My Riley Family Tree! 2343124779  She really wasn't a very good Mommy either. Always ignored the BBy and wanted to leap in the arms of a man. My Riley Family Tree! Icon_bounce 

I think Kaylynn is Family, now that I think bout it. She's always got those BBy signs up.  My Riley Family Tree! 2154071477

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm
on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 am

If the child didn't age and the aging meter rolled back, then you, most likely, didn't have "aging on". Either you didn't turn it back on when you thought you did (I've been known to turn it on more than once, just to be sure and now I've taken to writing the Sim day and time I turn it on or off), you did the interaction but it didn't take (incorrect spelling, the cheat may be spacing or letter size sensitive--I use all small letters with a space between the two workd as above and it works; also, if it doesn't take then the cheat window doesn't disappear--if you started with the small window and not the expanded version, or you didn't turn "aging on" soon enough. Here's what I do: I have the Sim who will be doing the "baby toss" or helping the toddler blow out the candles pick up the NooBoo and then use the "go here" direction to have him or her stand near the cake. If it's a child or teen, then I use the "go here" interaction to have them stand near the cake. Sometimes I direct other Sims in the household including toddlers to stand, or sit for toddlers, near the cake--since they have a short attention span and I play with free will on--I first press the "P" or pause button and then direct them all to stand near the cake--it works if I just get them into the room--and then I take the pause button off and they all come at once. Then I turn "aging on" just after taking the pause button off and just before I click on the cake. Other than the infant twin problem, I've never had a problem doing it this way. Oh, you have to make sure that it isn't too close to the time that the Sim holding the baby or toddler or blowing out the candles by himself or herself has to go off to work or school because that will distract them and cancel the interaction when you click on the cake. I avoid doing parties before kids are scheduled to go off to school in the morning and I've already had Sims call in sick to work, so that I could have a party. (The only Sims that are a bit put out by that are Fortune Sims, My Riley Family Tree! 4248921981especially if they haven't already made a lot of Simoleons, yet. No other Sims seem to mind.)

Speaking of Aspirations, the first Sim couple I ever made (back when all I had was the base game) taught me about Family and Romance Sims. Now, I didn't know a lot about the game and didn't have any PrimaGuides nor was a member of TS2.ea.com--the official TS2 site--so I was playing solo, so to speak. I created a custom neighborhood, Crystal Springs. And, then I got busy populating it. I started with creating two Sims that I planned to have meet and marry and have kids. The male Sim, Nathan I made a Family Sim. Then when I created the female Sim, Rachel, I thought 'now what woman doens't like a little romance in her life' and so I made her a Romance Sim. Big mistake! I found out that my definition of Romance Sim and EA's definition are not the same. I was able to get them together, build the relationship but whenever I had him to ask her to marry him (I was being a traditionalist), she refused. Just said "no." So, I thought 'if she has a baby, then maybe she'll be more willing to get married.' So, she had a boy--cute little guy. But she still didn't want to get married; however, he kept coming over and hollering at her about the baby. Apparently, he wanted to spend more time with his son. Finally, I tried having her ask him and he, of course said, "yes!" So, I quickly put up the wedding arch and right there in the yard, they got married. Whew! They moved to a bigger house later and had two more boys. And, yes the father took care of the boys and did a very nice job. Nathan and Rachel did a lot of WooHoo to keep her happy. I thought 'it's a big house and it would be nice if they had a little girl'--so I was going to have them do one more "try for baby"; however, Rachel kept rolling the fear to have another baby (and since she wasn't out WooHoo'ing with any other Sims, it took some creativity to keep her aspiration meter out of the red). So, they just had the three boys. Later I learned what EA's version of Romance Sim was and thought 'oh, that explains a lot.' That was back in the days of playing my "trial and error" method was in full play mode. That was before I learned about "exit without saving" so any mistake just stayed. I played with "Baby Girl" Hamilton for a long time. (My friend's 11 year old daughter kept laughing about that. Sigh!) Now, I know a cheat to be able to change "Baby Girl" to a real first name but I didn't then--so, "Baby Girl" Hamilton stayed as she was. And, that was when I believe that 11 year old when she said it took her more than a dozen tried to get her female Sim pregnant, so when "Baby Girl" Hamilton was just a day old, her parents did the "Try for Baby" interaction and LULLABY on the first try. 'Oh, oh. Oh, well a couple NooBoos isn't to bad. Well, the mother gave--birth to not one but two more girls. YIKES! I had screaming babies and toddlers--had three toddlers for a little while and I had to call more than one nanny at a time to help out the frazzeled parents who waited a while before another "Try for Baby" interaction at which point in time they had another girl which completed their family. The lesson I learned: don't listen to an 11 year old when it comes to playing TS2.

Oh, you're welcome to use Logan as a name for a Riley boy. I looked up several other Irish-Celtic names. I'll share them here, in case any of them strikes your fancy. Add them to your list--if you like.
Girls: Brenna, Bridget, Colleen, Fiona, Kathleen, Tara, Alanna, Arlene, Brett, Briana, Caitlin, Cara, Casey, Dallas, Darby, Darcy, Daron, Dillion, Dierdre, Doreen, Eileen, Erin, Glenna, Keely, Kelly, Kennedy, Kerry, Kyle, Lee, Linette, Mackenzie, Moira, Molly, Oona, Rosalie, Shannon, Sheena, Sheila, Tracy, Blaine, Blaire, Cassidy, Corey, Devin, Kennedy, Quinne, Riley, Ryan and Regan.
Boys: Brendan, Colin, Curran, Devin, Dillion, Liam, Owen, Seamus (Shamus), Sean (Shawn), Alan, Barry, Bevan, Blain, Blair, Brady, Brett or Bret, Brian, Brody, Carlion, Casey, Cassidy, Corey, Craig, Cullen, Dallas, Darby, Darcy, Darren, Derry, Devlin, Doyle, Duane, Egan, Fergus, Ferris, Finn, Finlay, Flynn, Galvin, Gilroy, Glen, Grady, Hogan, Kane, Keefe, Keegan, Kelly, Keenan, Kendrick, Kennedy, Kenneth, Kenyon, Kerry, Kevin, Kiernan, Killian, Kyle, Lee, Logan, Mackenzie, Neal or Neil, Nevin, Quillan, Quinlan, Quinn, Regan, Riley, Rory, Ryan, Shane, Shannon, Sheehan, Skelly, Sullivan, Tavish, Teague, Torrance, Tracy, Trevor, Troy or Tully.
As you can see there are a number of names that are unisex names like Kelly, Corey, Shannon and Mackenzie.

Have fun Simming!

Last edited by BBdoll3 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm
on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:31 am

My Riley Family Tree! 3961184632 Lilly!  Thanks for your continued tips on playing my game.  It helps me a lot, being I didn't do much playing.  Just building... My Riley Family Tree! 1307953810  

You wrote:
I first press the "P" or pause button and then direct them all to stand near the cake--it works if I just get them into the room--and then I take the pause button off and they all come at once.

My Riley Family Tree! 2343124779  This helps.  I never thought about that.  This happens all of the time for me as everyone is all over the place when it's time to blow out the candles.  My Riley Family Tree! 40742102   I have realized it's best to plan the parties on the weekend when everyone's around, or if during the week, make sure the adults are off work.  My Riley Family Tree! 4277833337  I was having them call in sick, like you said.

Reading your story about Rachel and Nathan and My Riley Family Tree! 40742102 .  You were much like am now. Trial & Error, only I have help from you to get it right.  

You wrote:
I know a cheat to be able to change "Baby Girl" to a real first name but I didn't then

What is that cheat?  I need that one, as I think I have a couple of BBy's named "Baby Girl".  When that happened I hit my enter key by accident and game gave it that name.  Duhhhh! My Riley Family Tree! 1307953810  When I have offspring from affairs, I try to remember to hyphenate the last names.  Sometimes I forget.

You wrote:
The lesson I learned: don't listen to an 11 year old when it comes to playing TS2.

My Riley Family Tree! 3761274632 My Riley Family Tree! 3761274632 My Riley Family Tree! 4248921981  Yep!  I learned that also.  My granddaughter will try anything and has all sorts of weird stuff going on in her game.  My Riley Family Tree! 4248921981   I finally had to create her own log on for when she came over to visit and wanted to play, so she wasn't into My Personal game messing everything and everyone up!  I get into my game and my houses are sitting in the middle of the streets, lights flashing, all sorts of strange interactions going on with my simmies...  Helllllloooooo!  My Riley Family Tree! Affraid  My Riley Family Tree! 4277833337 My Riley Family Tree! 1307953810 My Riley Family Tree! Icon_bounce   I said, that's it girlie, you are getting your own game.  My Riley Family Tree! 2422917447 

My Riley Family Tree! 771744960 Thanks for all of the names.  I My Riley Family Tree! 1200839336 them.   My Riley Family Tree! 4049476019

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 pm
on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:04 pm

My Riley Family Tree! 2343124779 I made the young ones play in their own neighborhood (their own custom neighborhood that is). Like your said they just messed up the game--making enemies where I didn't want them, etc. But a game of their own sounds even better.

The first name change. I think that was when I was using boolprop and doing some testing. Tasia told me about using boolprop. I have kept all my testing in Strangetown. I'll have to go in and find the specific tool that had the first name change. I think it was either the Tombstone of Life & Death or the one that has the infant as the object--forget the name. I'm going to have to go into my game, into Strangetown and get the specfics for you. Then I'll come back and leave the info here. I do recall that the Sim has to be, at least, toddler age to be able to change his or her name.

I'll be back when I get the information. If it gets too late tonight, it might not be until tomorrow since I have to get up early for work.

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 am
Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Okay, back for part 2. My Riley Family Tree! 1760011378 

I found my notes from Tasia and went into Strangetown (where I'm playing with boolprop--just to see what I can do) and checked these directions--to make sure I had it right for you.

This is what I would have used to change "Baby Girl" Hamilton's first name (if I had known about this, then). I used boolprop tools to change the age of Marie Rauscher (an adult townie who often walks by Sims houses) and reversed her age to toddler (using the Sim Modder, I think, but not sure which tool I used). Anyhow then I used the information below to change her first name to Asia and she's now being raised by Herb & Faith Goodie (who I converted to adults from elders) but her last name is still Rauscher.

Here's how to change the first name:

1. While in the neighborhood screen (you must re-enter the following every time you go back into the neighborhood if you want to use boolprop tools, or it won't work).
Type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
Next hit this key: enter
If successful, then the cheat window disappears.

2. Go into the family of your choice (home lot)

Note: During this process (or whenever using boolprop), if you do something by accident, then just exit without saving.

3. Once you are in the family, choose any Sim. 
I chose Faith Goodie.

4. Click on the Sim and hit the Shift key at the same time.
This brings up what Tasia referred to as a "pie wheel." It is basically a series of choice that go around in a circle.

5. When you see the choices, click on Spawn
which brings up more choices.

6. Click on Tombstone of Life & Death from available choices
A tombstone object will appear on the floor or ground next to the Sim you original clicked on (in my case it was next to Faith Goodie). It can be moved to another location via the Buy Mode and using the hand grab tool. Some Simmers refer to this object as the Tombstone of L & D. You can do other things with it besides what I'm sharing here.

7. Once the Tombstone of Life & Death has appeared, Click on it. Again you will get a number of choices;

8. Click on Rename Sim

9. A pop-up will appear, a rectangular box which will have these words (without the quotes): "The new baby has arrived, and this bouncing baby needs a name". Below it will be a male or female symbol with the name of the Sim (whose icon you have up and who is the controllable Sim at that point in time--that's why this doesn't work with infants who aren't playable). In the box, was the female sign and the Sims' name was Faith. The name Faith was highlighted in blue. 
Just hit the Delete key to erase or click behind the name or after the h, in this case, and hit the Back Space key to erase the name. Now you have a clean slate.

10. Type in the new name. 

11. Hit the check mark to accept the change. And, your Sim will be known by the new first name from then on.

When I changed Marie Rauscher, an adult Sim townie, to a toddler she stayed on the lot and became playable (same if you change an adult to a child or teen). The teens will leave the lot if you ignore them but the toddlers and children won't. If your Sims don't take care of them, the Social Worker will come and remove all the young Sims from infants through children. My Riley Family Tree! Affraid  
Anyhow, I wanted to keep Maire as a toddler and have Herb & Faith Goodie raise her and since I was playing with boolprop, I decided to change her name. So, I clicked on her icon and then she was the Sim that I was playing or the playable Sim. I clicked on the Tombstone of Life & Death (I had moved it to the backyard) and then clicked on Rename Sim. The above box pop-up, popped up and the name Marie was highlighted. I deleted the name Marie and typed in the name Asia. Now she is known as Asia Rauscher and has age transitioned to a child.

When I was experimenting, I turned all the elders that walked by into teens.My Riley Family Tree! 1568233300  My Riley Family Tree! 248036334 They still keep coming by my Strangetown houses; My Riley Family Tree! 142989536 however, now they are teens and can be sent off to college and interact with my teens, in teen ways. And a couple are very interested in a couple of my CAS or CAF made teens. My Riley Family Tree! 152418783  

I hope that helps you give any Sim named "Baby Girl" or "Baby Boy" a new name. Good luck. Wish I had this option years ago for Baby Girl Hamilton. That would have fixed that 11 year old that made fun of the name everytime she saw me playing the Hamilton family. This was before I knew about the exit without saving option, so the Hamilton's actually lost their first two children and boy child and a toddler girl to the Social Worker because I didn't know that the boy child had homework to do. Apparently, since he spent his after school time doing things like jumping on the bed and not doing his homework, he had failing grades and the Social Worker took offense to this and removed him and his sister from the home. The parents sure were said and crying. I had them move to another house and start over. (I had created the original two children in CAS or CAF, so "Baby Girl" Hamilton was one of my first, born-in-game NooBoos.) My Riley Family Tree! Icon_smile 

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 am
My Riley Family Tree! 771744960 My Riley Family Tree! 771744960  You've got a lot of neat tricks.  You did not have to rush getting these me, but I surely appreciate all you share. My Riley Family Tree! 37686141  I'm gonna have a binder just for your tips.  This is great!  Now all I need to do is find my 'Baby Girl'.  My Riley Family Tree! 40742102  I think I know where to look.  I will let you know when I try it out.

BBdoll3
BBdoll3
Moderation
Moderation
Female

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:44 am
Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:17 am

Thought I'd give you a quick reply (if that's possible for me) My Riley Family Tree! Icon_smile before I head out to work.

Thanks for the compliment of a folder for my tips. I'm happy to share what I know and what I've written down but can't take credit for most of them because I'm just passing on what other Simmers have shared with me. Using boolprop came from Tasia who uses it when she writes. Of course, I figured out how to do the name change while playing around with boolprop. Because of the name, I've made Strangetown my experimental neighborhood for boolprop. I see from my notes that you can make babies or infants playable. I can see why that my be helpful in writing a story for some Simmers but I haven't used it.

It didn't take me long once I found the notes that I had from Tasia on using boolprop. It just took the time for me to pull up my game, go into the Strangetown neighborhood and then into the Goodie family. Figuring out which tool and how to use it to change a name took less than 2 minutes. I did that because I wanted to be sure that the steps were accurate. You should have no problem with the name change if you follow the steps as I've outlined them. It should work for any other Simmer reading them as well.

Good luck.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum