Simmer's Garden
{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 QydjrI1You must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
Welcome to Simmer's Garden! Like our Facebook page, follow our X page, and Tumblr page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to all our Simmer's Gardeners with a birthday this month! We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Winter Blessings to you!

Be Encouraged Today
Latest topics
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good FridayFri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For March 29, 2024Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 pmCindaLove
saying helloWed Jan 03, 2024 2:21 amBBdoll3
Happy New Year!Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 pmCindaLove
Merry Christmas!Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:17 pmCindaLove
Malaysia Whitley Black Widow ChallengeWed Nov 15, 2023 7:07 pmNancy01905
Daily Prayer For September 13, 2023Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:59 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 12, 2023Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:11 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 11, 2023Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:13 pmCindaLove
Just Dropping in to say, "Hello!"Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:33 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 14, 2023Mon May 29, 2023 2:40 pmpoppy
Back after another HiatusFri May 26, 2023 11:39 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 4, 2023Sun May 07, 2023 5:47 pmCindaLove
Fresh California Orange CakeSun May 07, 2023 11:31 amBBdoll3
Creamy Apple Cranberry ColeslawSun May 07, 2023 11:25 amBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For April 14, 2023Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:29 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 13, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:54 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 12, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 11, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:48 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 10, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:44 pmCindaLove
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 09, 2023 4:57 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 9, 2023Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 8, 2023Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:50 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good Friday...Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:45 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 7, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 6, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:41 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 5, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:38 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 4, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 3, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 pmCindaLove
Staff Online
Simmer’s Garden Staff

Site Owner

Simmer’s Garden Creator

Affiliates
{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 FQxHJH3
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 CZmvDwC
{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 AHyEfai
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 3NTpK5T
**Free**
Updated
December 2018
{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 E6DbMY4

{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 7OAuPzK

Go down
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Pisces Posts : 5390
https://simmersgarden.forumotion.com

{Solved} CC Not Showing Up - Page 2 Empty Re: {Solved} CC Not Showing Up

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:12 pm
Where is that Downloads folder located? If it is in your Sims 2 UC folder that's where it's supposed to be, if it's in the EA GAmes folder, delete the extra Downloads folder. If everything is where it should be, then it has to be a problem with your computer.

Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Aries Posts : 189
http://broomhildassims2.forumotion.com

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:21 pm
Broomhilda>Documents>EA Games>The Sims2 Ultimate Collection..but it has that tm in very small letters between Sims2 and Ultimate..I don't know how to add those small letters

CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:29 pm
That's part of the name it doesn't mean anything. Well, Hilda, I hate to say it but I believe that it's a problem with your computer as everything we suggested should have worked but didn't solve the problem. The only thing I can suggest now is for you to run Malwarebytes to see if it catches anything and try uninstalling/reintstalling again. Sorry that I couldn't get it working for you. No

Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:33 pm
I'm sorry for wasting your time Cinda..

But what I am going to do is..uninstall the game..do a search for anything that is related to Sims2 delete all that and then do another factory restore..reinstall and try everything you said again..

Why is it then just in my Body Shop and CAS and not in build and buy mode..

It can't be the computer..has to be the game..

CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:41 pm
If you have any meshes missing CC won't show up. If there is incompatible CC it can cause it not to show up. After you do all of the things you said you are going to do, I would sort through your CC. It's painstaking, but you may find the offending CC if that's what it may be. Take everything out of your Downloads folder except 1 or 2 CC, start your game and see if it shows up. If it does show up, that means there is bad CC somewhere and you will have to add a few CC to your Downloads folder one at a time until you find it. It's painstaking, but you may just find something. It's worth a try.

Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:30 pm
Cinda, I did do that..up until this morning all I had was 2 CC one clothes and one Elf Ears..both I have been using for several years..neither one was showing up..

Here are the links to them..these are the 2 main ones I have been using for testing and have been using them for a few years now..never had any problems with them in the past

4 Medieval Dresses
28 Elf Eared Replacement Faces

Now on these other ones I have been adding as I went just to see if anything else would show up

Butterflysims free mesh 68 retextured--have the mesh as well
CoolSims 77--have the mesh as well
Katniss's Hair--have the mesh as well

Now on this next one I added today..or late last night

Project Appleseed--been using the skins, eyes and ears for over a year or more now..never any problems

I don't know..how do you play generic after playing with awesome creations since 2011..I can play build and buy mode CC's..just not skins, eyes, ears, hair, clothes..how can you play generic after all this..now I am crying..

Thank you so much for all your help Cinda..you have no idea how much I appreciate it thankyou  thanx  toyou

Broomhilda
Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:38 am
Ok, here is where I am at now..over at MTS I found a post that someone was having problems see their CC in Body Shop and CAS..now I can't find the post but will keep looking anyway..on the Broomhilda>document>EA Games>The Sims2 Ultimate Collection..I had mentioned there was a very small tm between the Sims2 and the Ultimate..on their post they had renamed the file and took out the small tm..and their CC showed up in Body Shop and CAS..so I tried it..but nope nothing..but something did happen..it regenerated with that (tm) now I have 2 showing The Sims2 Ultimate Collection one with the tm and the other without the tm..

Now when you go into the C: Program Files>Origin Games>The Sims2 Ultimate Collection (without the very small tm) between Sims2 and Ultimate..why is there 2 different versions..

When I went into the game nothing was showing in the CC when before you go into a Neighborhood..went out and the "Downloads folder" was in the one without the tm..

So I moved the folder to the other one and went into the game and the CC was showing up in the right place before you go into the Neighborhoods..

Now One of the CC's that I downloaded is showing up there where you enable the CC Content but not in CAS or Body Shop..so it is saying it is there..it's the Project Appleseed that is now showing up but on in the CAS or Body Shop..

I hope I wrote this where you could understand it because I am a bit confused haha..

Lizzy
Female

Capricorn Posts : 115
http://lizcreasims2living.wordpress.com

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:38 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I'm not sure that I understand well Hilda. But definitely yes, there are two EA Games folders in my documents, if it's what you mean.

If you want to find the adequate EA Games folder there, with all stuffs where they should go to, the best is to got from the right panel menu (where you choose to restart your PC, access some progams). So it'd be Start Menu > Admin > My Documents > etc.

Then, could you please give at least one link to a Bodyshop CC not showing up for you ? I could test then myself and tell you more

I also ran into CC recs recently not showing up, myself. I have no clue.... OR... do some retexturists rename the project package from the Projects folder (let's say skn for clothings) instead of renaming their packages (recs they made) which always get added into SavedSims ? It's the recs packages in SavedSims that need to be renamed and added as recolours for a mesh. But well, I had to fix some retextures for clothes, like two dresses by Camila Bennett blogspot from Feb. 2016, as well as liana wedding dresses not showing up either for me (but they aren't by liana, all from her shows up well).
Broomhilda
Broomhilda
Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:16 am
I took everything out of the Downloads folder and then put 2 new clothing in figured I would try 2 different ones I do use these so I figured I would continue trying items that I use..

What I don't understand is why is it just the Body Shop and CAS items not showing..but the Build and Buy and Mods do show up..????

A Midsimmer Night's Dream-MTS

Scroll down to the For the Ladies stuff and the
first one is the 3rd one down-Adult Gowns1
Second one is the 7th one down-Night Gowns

Also will add 2 others I really would like to use and have checked out please

Project Appleseed-MTS

End of the Tyranny-Non Default Replacement Face Templates-GOS

Thank  you so much Lizzy thanx

Lizzy
Female

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:23 pm
Alright Hilda. I finished testing for you.

The face templates from GoS don't show up for me. I'm not familiar with such items and didn't test the default versions.

The Project Appleseed is OK for me except one or two Sims, but maybe they're duplicates to each other.

The medieval gowns all show up for me. The retextures aren't for all ages, though.  But all this set is OK on my own end.

I don't know how else to help you, Hilda. I wish I could...

I remember that from an old computer I had, I had many issues because the storage capacity and RAM were rather poor.

What I would suggest you and if it isn't too much a pain for you, try again a clean reinstall for the entire digital game version, and only this, don't couple with CD-roms from SPs, EPs.

Normally all the digital Ultimate Coll. is entirely patched or if you have doubts, log in to Origin, right click to look for updates.

If you re-installed the CD version, but only a few EPs and SPs, not all, then it's normal that some CC won't show up, depending on which EP or SP Maxis item they got cloned from (I guess). Then such CC will simply not be there at all for you and from DDO some of them would be labelled empty package, if I remember.

The gowns are very old sets and I'm not sure that any EP for them are required, or maybe just the needed ones Uni and NL.
Broomhilda
Broomhilda
Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:32 pm
Thank you Lizzy..

Up until almost 4 weeks ago now, I have been using every single item I have tested..with no problems ever..

I can't use the Disks..my Double Deluxe won't work anymore..I get

X The Network is having problems.
The Download server is not responding. Please give it a few moments and try again. If the problem persists, please contact Origin help.
Help us improve Origin and submit an error report

Whether it is with the disk or when I go into Origin Client and try and download it from there..I get the same message..

So can't use any of the disks because I have to have Double Deluxe first..

And I was told don't download both the Ultimate Collection and the Disks..you have to uninstall one or the other before downloading the other..

I guess I will try again and uninstall everything..check and make sure nothing is on here and then do another factory restore..crying

Thank you Lizzy for your help Very Happy

Lizzy
Female

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:04 pm
I'm sure you'll find a way to get all sorted.

I don't know how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Once in 2009 when EA Games got their Download Manager thing, by mistake I installed the AnyGame Starter which isn't compatible with the digital version of the game. All the neighborhoods vanished, had a blank icon. Reinstall. Then another time EA Games sent me a digital version of an EP and a malware or whatever came with it, LOL, so I installed my CD version of the game, while I didn't have all the SPs.

Now with Ultimate Coll. almost all is good for me. I avoid too many hacks and mods and I don't need so many anyway. When I have to uninstall UC it's because of computer issues (I have no more restoration point, but back up of the system on an external disk designed only for this purpose). My PC is old and it's why I do that huge cleaning of my game CC, remove duplicates, many folders on the desktop (because this slows down the computer, or loading of tools, programs). If I get a new comp, I hope all will be fine with Windows 10, I don't know... Eh it should be fine. I got CC duplicates from having had to back up each time the Downloads folder in one shot before bringing my computer to a PC repair shop. I got old ugly clothes from closed sites, such things I'm checking out to remove them for good.
Broomhilda
Broomhilda
Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:33 am
lol..Lizzy..I know what you mean by old computer..mine is a 2008 Windows Vista..I love it works for me lol..

Cinda and Lizzy..I have figured it out..

It's not my CC or the game itself..it is that stupid Body Shop

How do I know this..well..I went and did a factory restore..download Origin, and the Ultimate Collection and went on a major Download Spree..for skins and eyes..and while I was at it I downloaded 2 Special Careers..

Now the reason I know its just my Body Shop is because the special careers showed up in the game..just like all my other mods, build and buy CC's..that I have had over and over again for several years..

Then I got to thinking groan  sometimes that's a very bad idea Shocked  but this time I know I am right..

If things don't show up in Body Shop then they won't show up in CAS..right..dada..

So that means it's my Body Shop..not working...how do we fix that..I know once that is fixed then all my CC's are going to show up..I just know it.. lol

EDITED:

Ok, maybe I don't have all of it figured out..yet..

Went outside to clear my brain thinking I did good..but got to thinking again

Then I realized..I use these alot..love the ears, eyes and sometime use the skintones

Project Appleseed now in Body Shop the whole body will show up but never in CAS..just the eyes, ears and skintones..

Oh ya another thing I have been using for a short time I learned how to use the Stealth Hoods..
Clean and Empty Stealth Hood Templates Jawusa taught me how to do it with simple instructions with pictures lol and I just put those in and they are working..

I know it's not my Computer, CC, mods, or anything like that it's the Body Shop..not working..I know it is..

Lizzy
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:44 am
I don't know for Bodyshop not working at all or as it should. I know that many years ago Bodyshop could be found as standalone to download. If you have UC, the Bodyshop icon (launcher)  should be in SP9 Fun with Pets. To be sure where your Bodyshop tool is, right click on the icon on your desktop, see the line Location, click there and you'll see where it is in C: > Programs, EA Games, etc. For CD version, the location isn't the same because the SPs and EPs are organised fifferently, depending which last EP or SP you installed.

Perhaps some BS items can't show up in both Bodyshop and CAS (ingame). I think it's the case for BV jewerly and some clothes to be found on community lots.

I never use custom face templates, anyway they don't seem to work well for me.

Myself had an enormous issue with an object which caused all decoration catalogues to simply vanish from the Buy mode tab ingame (on a lot). I have to find this objet, I know who the creator is. But since I'm busy cleaning my Bodyshop stuff (some many clothes, hair sets, make up and so on), I'll do that later - because reorganising Objects isn't my big passion, but I'll have to do it anyway. Several months ago, I also fixed objects having an ugly shadow, I used a small TSR tute by Teko (reflexsims - how easy it is to fix this small issue in SimPE), but now my Objects with fixed shadows and unfixed ones is a big mess. LOL !
Broomhilda
Broomhilda
Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:37 am
Hey Lizzy, I know where the Body Shop is I have a shortcut on my desktop..but I think it's the Body Shop I just know it is..

Now since I have the Ultimate Collection the icon for the Body Shop says "TS2 Body Shop Shortcut" is that what it's supposed to say..???

I use the Custom Face Templates mostly for the ears but modify them as needed..just don't like the noses they produce lol..and sometimes the chin won't look right..or adjust the mouth..jut a bit..lol..

I don't know..I have almost all of these skin tones and eyes..Enayla's skins for the skinless, Special Careers: Self-Employed & Happily Unemployed, and Clean and Empty Stealth Hood Templates this time  these are the only things I have in my Downloads folder..nothing else and everything is working but the Body Shop and CAS stuff..

Nothing can be conflicting with one another..

Thank you for your help Lizzy

CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:50 am
Hi Hilda, the exact location for BS is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with.Pets\SP9\CSBin . Right click on TS2BodyShop and select Send to Desktop(create shortcut). Do not rename it.

Administration
Administration
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:55 am
Lizzy wrote:Perhaps some BS items can't show up in both Bodyshop and CAS (ingame). I think it's the case for BV jewerly and some clothes to be found on community lots.

It could be very possible as Lizzy stated above - some items may not show up in BodyShop, especially if the creator cataloged the CC in the jewelry category, etc.

Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:24 am
Everything I have been using for testing has been a big part of my life for the Sims2 for the last few years..everything has been working and showing up in Body Shop and CAS up until almost 4 weeks ago..

Something has happened to Body Shop I know it's the Body Shop..

Cinda I have Body Shop on my Desktop already..

I was so proud of myself by the time I went to bed and this morning now I am questioning everything

No, I am not questioning anything anymore..I know it's Body Shop and CAS not working..I just know it is..Something is wrong with Body Shop..

Thank you Cinda and Lizzy for your help

CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:02 pm
Okay, Hilda, let's try one more thing before we give up...

Last edited by CindaLove on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:49 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
This is a precious link, Cinda.

I have one more question, Hilda : do you know how many default replacement sets you got in Bodyshop ?

For such things, you need to know that you can't have default replacement sets of many types installed (skintones, eyes, clothes, etc.) because it might conflict. I can't tell you more for such a case, because I only use customised sets for everything, the more given the fact that default replacements aren't always labelled as such in DDO.

For example, I got peggy clothes modified from paibalar (closed), the meshes have the same name as the originals by peggy, so I can't have the original Peggy meshes and the paibalar ones at the same time. But well the paibalar replacements with better heels and boots are my favourites.

I'm not such a big SimPE wizard for custom and default stuff, so I can't explain anything about GUIDs and such (things sharing the same GUID...)

But checking default replacements in Bodyshop is also something I'd advise you to test...

I don't know how you test things in Bodyshop, but obviously you shouldn't clone a pre-made Maxis Sim, because the very first on the row is in fact a young female adult from NL. If you choose this one and clone it, naturally anything only AF (not Young adult) can't show up in some cases, even if many BS things for AF are also for YAF.

Also check in which category clothes are placed. And when your Sim wears undies, swimwear, night gowns, pyjamas, most accessories won't show up either - accessories show up with a Sim wearing casual, formal and some outerwear, tops and bottoms.

Also for some accessories, especially from Asian sites, they got several meshes, let's say for head wear, all the meshes are needed therefore. A perfect example at MTS is the famous Louis turban (which is a bit of a pain to put together for me, LOL !)
Broomhilda
Broomhilda
Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:30 pm
Took a nap to clear my head before starting on this mess again.. Very Happy

Right now I have no defaults..the links you see on that one post was all I had up and then did a few more downloads..and going to get a few mods then someone over at CBS suggested I play the game without using the CC..because I haven't really played just went in to see if things were in there then back out again. Got a few toys and things like that..no conflicts with anything else..Not going to get very many mods just a few bare essentials..

Then I am going in and play the Greenman's in Riverblossom Hills for a bit to see what happens...will let you know..

I know that you can't have more than one default of the same thing..

Example: face templates..if they are defaults then you can't use another default face template you have to take the first one out and then replace it..same with skin tones, eyes, ears, clothes, sims..

I have learned that at least haha  rolling lol

You can have more than one face template as long as one is default and all the others are not default or all non default..I have had several face templates but only one default..

Same with anything that shows up in Body Shop and CAS..

I have learned that as well haha  rolling lol

I don't test things in Body Shop, I just use Body Shop to check and make use things are being downloaded so I don't have to go into the game..when I have a lot of CC my games tends to lag lol..and a shorter time when going into Body Shop..

I don't use the Sims that are in Body Shop..I don't clone anything not even the CC Sims..which I don't download only because the person who created it worked to hard on them and I don't want to go in after getting them in a house and make changes..same usually with a house or any building..I  would feel really bad making changes to them after they were created with love and hard work..

I want to chock people that make a dress and it is made for everyday, pj's, undies and sports..doesn't make a bit of since..I just let it go and then have scroll through the mess to get what I want that is in the right place..

I try and not go to the Asian sites (sorry) but I just don't understand anything even using Google Translate..so I avoid them.. (don't want to offend anyone that reads this sorry)

As I have said before everything that I have used has shown up in Body Shop, CAS as well as in the game up until about 4 weeks ago..

The first time I have have ever really used Body Shop was not long ago and did a recolor of a Maxis dress and it did show up for a while then all of a sudden it didn't..since then I have done several factory restores and install of the game..

I wish I could get my disks of Double Deluxe working..it would be make everyone's life better not listening to my rants and raves lol..once the Double Deluxe was downloaded then all the other disks and digitals I have would be able to be downloaded..

Thank  you Cinda and Lizzy for your help and patients  lilrose

I will be back in a few hours to let you know.. Very Happy

Lizzy
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:36 pm
It's a crazy Bodyshop issue you got. I know that once I also had Bodyshop not working at all, but I can't remember now the context, maybe the application was located in the wrong place.

I've tried to see the many possibilities for BS not working well, in order to help you. It's not easy when I'm not in the same situation.

About two weeks ago, I had some make up not showing up at all in BS, so I remoeved all the rest from Downloads, took back the make up (a lips set) and it worked, showing up.

Well, I still got older CC, all showing up perfectly well. Sometimes just a few issues with clothes having high poly shoes (alwayssims and such). No big deal then, since the creator admitted that yes high poly might in some way take a while to show up, or you'd have to put them away from the Downloads, run BS without any CC, then put back the said CC.

My Downloads can definitely not handle all Bodyshop (CAS things) along with objects, build things and so on.

I got some Asian accessories, as collectors items, because most Asian sites aren't easily accessible or their download links are totally dead.

For other people's Sims, I got tons, but I only check if I missed some make up, a hair style, etc. I never play other people's Sims, but I keep them as collector's items too. My external disk for the Sims 2 is like a huge museum LOL. I got some gems, like a few Sapphiresims Sims that have extremely old besen hair styles... (they seem to be "kitsch" in 2016, but still back in 2005 everybody found them absolutely gorgeous !)
Broomhilda
Broomhilda
Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:36 pm
Went in and starting playing a bit..mostly fixing houses so the sims in the bin can move in and then played them a bit before moving onto the next one..

All the CC and mods which is very little is showing up great..no problems anywhere..all the houses have been renovated with only Maxis stuff haven't done anything to the sims yet..

But the CAS and Body Shop items I do have are still not showing up..

Do either of you have suggestions on how to fix this??? or what I need to be looking for from the computer to fix it..

Thank you girls for all your help lilrose

CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:38 pm
CindaLove wrote:Okay, Hilda, let's try one more thing before we give up...

Last edited by CindaLove on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Affiliate
Affiliate
Female

Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:56 pm
I already did that..but am willing to give it a go again..since I have different CC in Body Shop and CAS now..

Will let you know..what happens

Also having major storms just almost on top of us and the Electricity has already gone off once..lol

Thank you Cinda lilrose

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum