Simmer's Garden
[img]https://i.imgur.com/hGFrbBh.png]You must be registered and logged in to download and to access links and special content.
Welcome to Simmer's Garden! Like our Facebook page, follow our X page, and Tumblr page to stay informed with all our latest important notifications... Happy birthday to all our Simmer's Gardeners with a birthday this month! We hope you have your best birthdays ever! Winter Blessings to you!

Be Encouraged Today
Latest topics
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 14, 2024 5:03 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good FridayFri Mar 29, 2024 9:24 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For March 29, 2024Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 pmCindaLove
saying helloWed Jan 03, 2024 2:21 amBBdoll3
Happy New Year!Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 pmCindaLove
Merry Christmas!Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:17 pmCindaLove
Malaysia Whitley Black Widow ChallengeWed Nov 15, 2023 7:07 pmNancy01905
Daily Prayer For September 13, 2023Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:59 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 12, 2023Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:11 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For September 11, 2023Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:13 pmCindaLove
Just Dropping in to say, "Hello!"Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:33 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 14, 2023Mon May 29, 2023 2:40 pmpoppy
Back after another HiatusFri May 26, 2023 11:39 pmBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For May 4, 2023Sun May 07, 2023 5:47 pmCindaLove
Fresh California Orange CakeSun May 07, 2023 11:31 amBBdoll3
Creamy Apple Cranberry ColeslawSun May 07, 2023 11:25 amBBdoll3
Daily Prayer For April 14, 2023Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:29 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 13, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:54 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 12, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 11, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:48 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 10, 2023Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:44 pmCindaLove
Blessed Resurrection DaySun Apr 09, 2023 4:57 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 9, 2023Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:53 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 8, 2023Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:50 pmCindaLove
Blessed Good Friday...Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:45 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 7, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 6, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:41 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 5, 2023Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:38 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 4, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pmCindaLove
Daily Prayer For April 3, 2023Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 pmCindaLove
Staff Online
Simmer’s Garden Staff

Site Owner

Simmer’s Garden Creator

Affiliates
Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   FQxHJH3
Forumotion Affiliates
Disclaimer
This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc., and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Like & Follow Us
Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   CZmvDwC
Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   AHyEfai
Latest Releases
*Click Pics*
Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   3NTpK5T
**Free**
Updated
December 2018
Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   E6DbMY4

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   7OAuPzK

Go down
CindaLove
CindaLove
Administration
Administration
Female

Pisces Posts : 5390
https://simmersgarden.forumotion.com

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   Empty Resurrecting Uneditable Sims

Thu May 28, 2015 8:39 pm
This is Celesta92059's tutorial which I have used with success for rezzing uneditable sims (e.g. Bob and Betty Newbie, Jeff and Diane Pleasant) in your neighborhood, with a little modification I strongly suggest below to prevent game corruption. It is a little tedious, not really hard, but time consuming and worth it. As always, when editing with SimPE (link to download this program found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), back up your game to your desktop before doing anything, as you will need it anyway to do this the 'clean' way, without corruption to your game. Even if you're experienced; you can lose your place easily while editing and mess up, and if you do you'll mess things up good.

The "Clean" modifications:

1. Place the sim(s)file(s) from the **[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]** folder that you want to rezz in the SavedSims folder. Important: do not use your game to extract these sims, but rather remove your game and place it on your desktop or another safe place and use a blank/new copy of the neighborhood you're rezzing characters in. Place the new copy of the neighborhood you're working on in the Neighborhoods folder. (It will be called the Extraction copy in the further steps.)
2. Start the game, go to CAS and find the sim(s) from the Existing Sims, choose wardrobe and appearance, and then place the sim(s) in the Sim Bin. (Note: you don't have to make an actual name for the sims, just something to identify them by. For example, "a a", "b a", "c a", etc., or something like that.) Exit the game.
3. Now you're ready to follow the tutorial.
4. After you extract the files as explained from the tutorial from the 'clones' you made from CAS in SimPE, extract the Character Data that you just completed  by using the Ctrl+A keys and pressing the Extract button to an assigned folder to keep as backup ( I have a folder labeled 'Fixed Sims' that I placed in the SimsAncestorReplicas folder that have all the copied (extracted) folders of the families I have rezzed for safekeeping.) in case you want/need to reset your game so you don't have to go through the complete extraction process again. Makes sense to do that.
5. Then swap the 'Extraction' copy of the game with a copy of 'Your Game'.
6. Open SimPE again and go the your sim's 'real' character file, then to Character Data under the More tab. Select all the files by using Ctrl+A and then select 'Delete', located above the files you're deleting, (there will be lines running through them.) then select the 'Commit' button, then select 'Save' to complete that process.
7. Now, with the "Fixed Sims' folder on your desktop, add each line of the Character Data as explained in the tutorial to your sim's files, press the 'Commit' button, then the 'Save' button to save your work.
8. You can now edit your sim and give them jobs, skills, memories, change their aspirations if you want, and/or give them their personality traits and zodiac sign if that's missing, too.

Tips and suggestions:

-- When rezzed sims have no assigned personality traits or zodiac sign, I add their personality from the SimsWiki, or their children's personality.
-- You may also need to edit their age if it says "1000 days left" or something like that, to a normal elder's age.
-- Sims whose parent's or grandparent's death isn't in their memories cannot be rezzed with the Ressurect-O-Nomitron. Instead, rezz them using the 'Tombstone of Life and Death' boolProp cheat, but first uncheck the 'is ghost' box under the Character section in SimPE, and then delete the 'Death Token' (I Am Dead) from their memories before rezzing them or simply add the death memory to their memories in the Neighborhood Memories and the resurrect them with the Ressurect-O-Nomitron.
-- If you want, you can let the great and great great grandparents die of old age instead of creating memories,etc., (I use the 'die of old age' boolprop cheat listed on the Tombstone of Life and Death with no problems) to fill up your cemeteries, and just keep the grandparents living, like I do. I can assure you my graveyards are quite full!  :lol:

Whew! With that added, here it is:

Resurrecting Davis Dreamer

Created: 06.13.2007 - Updated: 06.13.2007

This is Davis Dreamer the father of Darren Dreamer and grandfather of Dirk. In the game files Davis has an incomplete character data file. To resurrect him we have to replace the missing files with SimPE. I will be assuming that you are familiar with how to start SimPE, load a neighborhood, and find a sim description file. If you don't know these things, there are other tutorials already done that you can learn these skills. You can find them at the SimPE website and on the exchange.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   02VFBl6

So let's get right to work resurrecting Darren's dear old dad. What you see here is not Davis Dreamer, but Davis Dreams. He is a replica of Davis that I created. We are going to extract files from his character data to give Davis Dreamer to complete his character file. (I will have a replica like this in my uploads. Download it and install it in your game. Go to CAS to get him and put him in the sim bin. Once he is in the sim bin you will find his file in SimPE just like this one.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   HJvcfS3

Go to the More tab in the Davis replica and click on Open Character File.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   OXuCshF

As the character file opens you will see files that look like this. Click your mouse anywhere in the right window and press Ctrl A. All the files in the right window will be selected. See way at the top menu where it says "Extract . . ." just above it is the extract option which is highlighted. Click on that to extract the selected files.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   UJfSfG1

A dialog box will open asking you to Browse For Folder. Browse to the desktop, click Make New Folder, label the folder Davis data file, and then click OK.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   QoJSBJx

You will see this next. Press OK. Now reload the Neighborhood in SimPE and we shall continue.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   6qkjL1H

This is the real Davis Dreamer. His picture has a blue. The blue means he is unlinked. First we are going to relink him.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   LsrlucE]

Go to the Other tab. See under Misc where it says Unlinked: 0x0001. Change the 1 at the end to a 0.
= 0 meaning (zero)

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   U5iadEA

It should look like this now.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   ZOYZmkb

Now look for a button that says Commit and press it. Mine looks like this.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   TmuMVlR

Now go up to File and Save.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   4mZ3zPm

See now he's not blue anymore. Now he's red. This means he has an incomplete character data. Now it's time to replace his missing files and bring him back to the living.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   QJtbc2E

Go to More and click Open Character File just like you did before with the Davis replica.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   2mPu8P0

Where it says Resource Tree and Resource List this is Davis' character data file. See how it doesn't have has many files in it? That's why you couldn't resurrect him in your game, but we're about to change that. Resize the SimPE window so you can get to your desktop and open the Davis data file we put there earlier, and then open that file. Remove 7 files from the replica's extracted data folder: Catalog Description, Directory of Compressed files, jpgtgapng image, Object Data, Object Functions, Version Information, and package. These we don't need. You can put them in the recycle bin or a Don't Need folder like I did, shown above.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   Vjg6uhN

Now here's Davis' character file before we begin. See where is says "Add . . ." at the top, just above that you see a highlighted icon, click on that. That is the Add option. You will have to browse to the Davis data file on your desktop.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   3OyqP3t

Let's start with the first file, Geometric Node. Highlight it and press open.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   I5P0air

See the difference. Now Geometic Node shows up in the window to the left and those two strange looking files appear in the window on the right. They are in italics because we haven't saved yet.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   BLzZ3bU

Before we save, we are going to Add . . . all the remaining files from the Davis data file first. Repeat the same procedure as we did to add the Geometric Node file for all the remaining files.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   McyJAvW

Some of the files will have more than two. Highlight all the files in every folder and press open to add all the files to Davis Dreamer's character data. Once your finished we have one more thing to do in Davis' character file before we Save and finish our work.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   LlPFxgU

While still in Davis' character file, find the file in the left window called Object Data, and highlight the file N014_User00062-Davis in the right window. The User file will open in the Plugin View window below.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   XT7U9XL

In the Plugin View window way over to the right find where it says Obj.Type open and choose Person.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   Zc0nItK

With Person selected, now find and press the Commit button. Mine looks like this. Yours might be different, but look for a commit button and press it.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   9seCE2K

Now it's time to Save our work. Watch all the files in italics change to regular type. That's how you will know your work is saved.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   Vu91KRr

Now if you reload the neighborhood and check Davis Dreamer's description file now it should have a gray background. No longer red or blue. This means Davis is now a linked and resurrectable sim.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   0Ymf6sf

Here we are at Darren's house. Hey it's father's day this weekend and he's been missing his dad. So he's going to bring him back to life. You will need to get Darren a resurrecto nomitron on the lot to do this. I used boolprop and clicked on the newspaper and got him one. Plus I used motherlode to give him enough money to pay the Grim Reaper.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   Jfgo8Th

See Davis Dreamer's picture appears in the resurrecto nomitron window. Click on his picture and press the check mark.

[Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   1bh3oKI

In a cloud of green smoke he comes . . .
Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   LooUqzo

Davis emerges from the cloud . . .

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   KksvlFA

He says yippy!

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   O325kdj

How about that. Three living generations of Dreamer men! You can use this same method to resurrect Darren's mother Delilah. This method is not necessary to resurrect Darlene. She already has a complete data file, but she does need to be relinked just like we did with Davis. To find replicas to use, you either can make them yourself or you can download the ones I have made thus far from my sim uploads. I've had many requests and will be bringing you more premades soon. Keep checking back to my simpage for more of them. If they are missing, they may have been culled. Sign my guestbook and I will reupload them.

Resurrecting Uneditable Sims   NmaanFl
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum